Monday, May 27, 2013

Slow Week...

This week wasn't particularly eventful game-wise. I suppose part of the reason is because I've become more discerning of the events I'm attending. As I mentioned before, I'm getting burned out. I suppose that's a good sign though. It's a sign that I feel I've learned enough from all this running around.

I do have several projects on though. There's the RPG Maker game that I'm doing with the women from the LinkedIn group. Thus far, it's simply been called Ruby RPG. It seems I'll be doing a bit of level design for the game. That should be exciting! Will also require learning how to use RPG Maker too. Sooo, yay to new skills.

For the moment, I have to put my slot machine game on hold. I'm working on a special side-scrolling 2D platformer in GameMaker. If I sound strangely vague, it's because it's meant to be a secret. It's just a fun little side project that I'm working on with some friends. I'm hoping to have something playable by next week. Most likely it will have placeholder art assets. Either way, we will have something done in two weeks. Like most things, it will be a matter of quality. XD

That's about all I've been up to. The job search continues (of course). Hoping to throw in some more apps this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment