Sunday, December 23, 2012

Intro

Last February, despite being in the final stages of completing my dissertation for my PhD in linguistics, I decided that I didn't want to be an academic anymore and that I wanted to make games instead. I've had this dream for a long time. But only when I made this decision did the dream finally take shape. I've learned a lot in the past ten months since letting this dream stew. About the game industry. About game development. About myself, what I want to do, and the kinds of games I want to make. It's been a slow soul-seeking process. Most of which isn't interesting to anyone but myself. To cut to the end, I've realized that what I really want to do is develop my own dating sims and visual novels (aka otome games). But, as you might have guessed, I'm a complete n00b to all of this. This blog will chronicle my adventures, misadventures, and random thoughts that come along with this journey (e.g. game reviews, things I've learned, milestones I've met, etc.)!

No comments:

Post a Comment