Monday, June 10, 2013

Volunteering, Animal Crossing, and the Blahs

I'm always torn about posting negative things on here. Even though they are a fact of life, I still wish I can sweep them under the rug as if they never existed. At the same time, they're a pivotal part of your growth and all that jazzy bullshit you tell yourself to make yourself feel better. The short of it is, in addition to feeling burnt out, I've been overcome with the case of the BLAHS. Many of these feelings are tied to the (very depressing) job search process, but it's more than that. It's... things I want to sweep under the rug.

BUT life must go on. And as Captain Awkward says, "Appearances count at work. Sometimes more than the actual work does."

I don't think it only applies to work. It applies to LIFE.

So, moving on and focusing on the positive, I went in to volunteer for Games For Change again this week. Life before, helped out with some editing of the Q&A interviews. It's actually been really fun!

Saturday, I unintentionally went to the Animal Crossing pre-launch event at Nintendo World. Unintentionally, because I really only meant to "drop by" and buy a 3DS bundle and leave. Little did I know, I was in for a 2+ hour wait on line. (Yes, I know. I'm a newb to these things. I NEVER buy things at launch, let alone before launch.) Aside from the waiting, it turned out really fun. They had a bunch of cute/silly activities like coloring a mural, "catching bugs", and "fishing". You won a button for each activity you did. I made sure to collect all four!

The game is super kyoot!! It's interesting to play it now, having learned more about game development since I played the DS version years back. Its charm definitely lies in all the little touches like the way the animals' speech matches up with the text and how each animal has their own personality and "voice".

So, that's it for now. Unfortunately, I have too much "grown-up" stuff to do to really throw myself into the game and forget everything even though I reaaally want to do that. But... c'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment