Monday, February 18, 2013

GoPrezzo, IndieCade East, etc...

This is another update dump! It's been a busy week!

Picking up from the last post, I got the community manager internship at GoPrezzo!! They are a casual gaming tournament platform and I've been hired to help them build a community via social media, e.g. facebook, Pinterest, and twitter. This past week was my first week "on the job". (The quotes are to indicate that most of the work is done remotely, i.e. in my pajamas.) What excites me about the position is that they want me to be proactive and creative in helping them think of ways to utilize their social media sites. Much more interesting than gopher tasks and monkey work.

This week, I also volunteered to help out for IndieCade East, an indie games festival which was held this weekend and just ended today. I met a lot of really cool people! Talking to people has made a huge difference in my outlook. Every now and then, I get into these mental slumps where all I can think is WTFFF-am-I-doing??-I-don't-even-know!! But meeting people in the game industry pulls me out (which is a very good thing!).

So there's my brief rundown! I'm ending here because I'm super tired (barely more than 3 hours of sleep last night!) and still have work to do. Will hopefully have more energy to post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment